Sunday, January 30, 2011

Universal Studios

Harry Potter

The castle is bigger then i thought it would be

An early morning picture before things got crowded


Let me preface this by saying I know nothing about Harry Potter. Dawn and I arrived at Islands of Adventure sometime in the afternoon and decided to go check out the new Harry Potter Land. That was a mistake. It is very cool but insanely crowded. We went during the off season so I can't imaging what it will be like in the summer. We kept seeing big lines of people everywhere and figured there must be a few more rides then we thought. Wrong...the lines were to get in the gift shops. We're talking long lines for everything. Even the butterbeer. After a brief look around we decided to come back first thing in the morning. The next day we hurried over and there was still a 40 minute wait for the forbidden journey ride. I will say the the wait goes pretty fast. The line is really neat. Talking pictures, real snow falling and Harry Potter talks to you. The ride it's self is a motion sim ride where you follow Harry Potter in a race. Defiantly worth the wait but not my all time favorite ride by any means. All in all the new land was nice. I'm sure it would appeal more to a fan of the series. I think universal should have made everything a bit bigger tho. I can see them not letting ppl in this summer when it reaches gridlock.

1 comment:

Lacy Kline said...

I can't believe people wait in line for the gift shop! Crazy, looks cool though. Avery loved the video you have posted. She thought it was funny that you had the camera in the water.