Saturday, February 9, 2019

Disney World!


Our day started early with a mad dash to the new
Flights of Passage ride in Pandora at Animal 
Kingdom. We only had to wait in line about 20
minutes so our plan worked. The ride is amazing,
everyone needs to check it out. I would say it's in
my top 3 amusement park rides.
After Flights of Passage we ran over
and got in line for Na,Vi River Journey.
I think that line had around a 35 minute
wait. The river journey is visually stunning 
but is over pretty quickly and may not be
worth waiting over an hour for.
The work that went into creating Pandora
is amazing. It really seems like you're on
a different planet.
Dawn and Melissa grabbed a drink
and a snack at Pongu Pongu. The drink
is the Night Blossom. It's layers of fruit
juice with boba balls. Dawn liked it. I
thought it was good but very sweet. The
snack is Pineapple Lumpia. Pineapple 
Lumpia is cream cheese mixed with 
pineapple, wrapped in a lumpia wrapper 
and deep fried. Dawn didn't care for it
but I thought it was really good.
The floating islands of Pandora.
After checking out Pandora we ran
over to Dino Land to hop on Dinosaur.
This is always a fun, exciting ride. Very
interesting line before the ride too. I 
spotted several fossils on display that
were on loan from Montana State
University. After the ride we decided 
it was time to head to Disney Studios 
and EPCOT.



A nice view down Hollywood Blvd.
This was right before the March of
the First Order. Captain Phasma leads
a squad of stormtroopers up Hollywood 
Blvd. To watch a video I took of it click
Dawn's favorite ride. I still can't 
believe they got rid of it in California.
Lunch was at the ABC Commissary.
I had a chicken club and Dawn had the
shrimp. I think Michael had a burger. My
chicken club was ok, nothing special though.
Dawns shrimp, on the other hand, were great.
     If you're a fan of Aerosmith you
will love this ride!
           
Quack...

In EPCOT we headed straight for
World Showcase to check out the
festival of the arts. Every country
puts out a special menu for this
festival. We were eager to see what 
we could find. Above was my first
stop, The Refreshment Port. There I
found an amazing looking bloody mary
and delicious Canadian cheddar
cheese soup. The bloody mary was the
Stow Away Mary. It was garnished with
celery, blue cheese olives, tomatoes and
a big fried chicken nugget. It was all
good, I did give Michael the chicken 
nugget thought. At $12 it was a bit
pricey but probably worth it. The
cheddar cheese soup was cheesy,
creamy and very good. I think it's 
available all year at the Refreshment 
Port now. Previously you could only
get it at Le Cellier.
Dawn's favorite...the caramel shop
in Germany.
My dad, Michael and I love Mission
Space. No one else will ever go on it
though. It's a very cool simulator of a
mission to mars complete with g forces
and simulated weightlessness. Very fun
but it is somewhat intense. The picture 
below is from inside the cockpit. Click
here for a short video I took.

Dawn had to try out the sushi in
Japan. It was good. The texture of
the dessert was a bit odd but the
flavor was good.
Below was Dawn's favorite item.
The Deconstructed Strawberry 
Cheesecake. I didn't try it but she
said it was amazing. Sure looks
Good.

The Spiced Beef with pine nuts, dried
cherries and hummus above was probably 
my favorite item of the night. Everything
was perfectly balanced in it. The
Mediterranean Flat Bread was also tasty.
If I recall correctly Melissa bought these
for us to share...good choice.
Below is Dawn's  Charcuterie board.
Meats and cheeses...can't go wrong
with that.

Above and below are menu items
Mom and Dad tried. My mom had
the chicken and lamb shawarma
platter. She loved it and said the
tzatziki sauce really stood out. Dad
had the Roasted Pork Roulade and
said it was very good.
The Almond Frangipane Cake on
the bottom was good but nothing
special and the Pop'tArt was really
good. I wish i had tried it.

Enjoying Kaki Gori (shaved ice)
from Japan. I had tangerine and
cherry.

We stayed at Shades of Green this
Trip. Melissa is retired military so
we were able to stay with her. The
grounds are very nice as is the entire
resort. It has a little less Disney theming
 then the other resorts. We didn't 
really have time to explore, but we
did eat at the buffet, which was good. I 
basically had a Thanksgiving dinner...
Yum!
The best gas station ever has the best
breakfast sandwich ever. It was so
good. When I think about the trip
this is one of the things that stands
out to me. Funny.....


I didn't think it was possible to pack as
much into one day as we did. It was 
tiring but so worth it. Animal
Kingdom, Disney Studios and EPCOT 
all in one day. Not to mention looking 
around and trying all the food at the
Festival of the Arts. We were dragging 
by the end of the day. What a great way
to get a vacation started though. At this
point we still had a seven day cruise on
one of the biggest cruise ships in the world 
and a couple days at Universal Studios to
look forward to. Coming up next...
Universal Studios.


A fun group in Morocco 


Links...
Click here for a ride on Spaceship Earth.
Click here for the morning rush at
Animal Kingdom.


No comments: