Thursday, September 19, 2013

Disneyland and California 2013

Disneyland



 Awesome fries at Cafe Orleans
 Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans

Splash!

 Two of my favorite things at Disney...Corn dogs 
and Dole Whip.

 The Iron Man suit at innovations. The kids and I
hung out here quite a bit. It was fun and cool (literally).
 The Matterhorn..I'm surprised mom didn't have a poncho on here..
I think there's a tiny splash on it.

 The Jungle Cruise where you see the backside of.....Water


 Lunch at the Stage Door Cafe....yum!

 Awe...how cute. Michael and Yosh on Winnie the Poo.
 Redd Rockett's Pizza Port



I'm going to split the Disney post into one for Disneyland, and one 
for California Adventure. We spent 4 days of our vacation in the 
Disney parks. Specifically it was Monday, Tuesday, Friday and
Saturday. Monday was started off at California Adventure 
until about noon. We had reservations at Cafe Orleans for 1:15
so we headed in that direction. Lunch was good. The fries were
awesome and the gumbo was good. Mom and Dad, Carol and I
had the Monte Cristo. They had the ham and cheese version and
I had the 3 cheese version. They were good but seemed a 
little off from the Blue Bayou version that we love. Overall I 
would say lunch was good, but not great. After lunch Dawn, Carol
and Yosh headed to the hotel (Candy Cane Inn) for a break
while Michael and I hit up Tomorrow Land. Mom and Dad 
went their own direction in Disneyland. Michael and I did a
little shopping. I think he bought a couple things at Startraders.
After that we checked out the Starcade (cool, but much smaller
then it used to be) and watched Captain EO. Watching Captain
EO really brought back some memories, and I thoroughly enjoyed
it. I believe we had dinner at Flo's in California Adventure
on Monday. After Monday things are kind of blending 
together for me so I'll just cover some highlights and thoughts. I
guess i should have taken notes! So one of the things that
really stands out at Disney are the corn dogs. They are crazy
good. I had one at a little red cart on main street, the Stage Door
Cafe and Corn Dog Castle at CA. They were all good but the 
one on main street stood out. We all thought they were great. 
Michael, Yosh and I had lunch at Redd Rockett's Pizza Port
one afternoon. It was pretty good but pricey for pizza. The kids
had Mega Pepperoni and I had Lunar Cheese. We all had
different favorite rides. I think Michael liked Startours
best. My favorite is The Haunted Mansion. Carol and Yosh 
seemed to like all the rides as long as they didn't get wet.  As
many times as Mom and Dad went on Indiana Jones I would 
assume that was their favorite...although it might be close
with Pirates of the Caribbean, and Dawn loved Splash Mountain. I've
been to Disneyland quite a few times and had good and bad 
experiences. This time I just went with the flow and had such 
a good time.  I really can't wait to go back.



Candy Cane Inn

The Candy Cane Inn was our hotel again this time. The rooms aren't 
the fanciest but they are very clean. We had the premium room. That
entitles you to a free, delivered Continental breakfast every morning. It
was good and saved us money. The grounds are landscaped beautifully.
It almost reminds you of being at a Disney resort in Florida. The main 
attraction is the closeness to Disney. Its a short 10 minute walk or a
quick shuttle ride away. 

The welcome basket that was waiting
in our room.
 Free continental breakfast delivered
to our room daily.



4 comments:

Kari said...

I love Disneyland! We had some good food.

Kari said...

The Candy Cane Inn is such a perfect place to stay.
Dad and I went on Indiana Jones five times never did go through the third door.

Kari said...

We too thought the Monte Cristos weren't quite as good as Blue Bayou. Loved the fries. The lemon mousse cupcake at The Hungry Bear Cafe and the Holiday Turkey Sandwich The Earl of Sandwich stand out for me. The corndogs are killer too. We didn't get a Dole Whip because the line was always to long.
I agree, it was an extra nice trip.

The Lucero's said...

I really need to try that holiday turkey sandwich. Sounds so good.